During a crisis, extra care may be needed to collect critical cash. Thankfully, there are a few simple things that we can review to insure the best possible outcomes in a difficult situation.
- Establish that you are talking to the correct person responsible for the debt.
- Set the tone for the conversation by smiling (either on the phone or in person).
- Thank the consumer for utilizing your services.
- Show empathy and understanding.
- State the facts, kindly.
- Ask open ended questions to gain understanding of the real issues.
- Offer the options available to the consumer.
- Work to come to a reasonable agreement that provides a win for both parties.
- Thank the consumer again before ending conversation.
- Note the account and schedule any follow-up that might be necessary.
If we are kind, it is amazing how much further we can get with a stressed out consumer. Use empathy to insure that your company has the best possible chance of remaining financially healthy. Your cash flow will thank you.
Alliance Collection Service, Inc.